The World of Cacao Debittering with Coca Leaf
How to Safely Debitter Cacao with Coca Leaf Extracts
- How coca leaf alkaloids completely debitter cacao
- How to make coca-chocolate in your kitchen: recipes and photos
- A recipe for 15% sugar/fat chocolate
- Coca leaf extracts - safer than table salt and vanilla
- U.S. CFR 182.20 - coca leafs are approved by the FDA as safe food additives
- Draft filing for the FDA seeking GRAS status for the entire coca leaf
(and in Spanish)
- The many health benefits of unsweetened cacao
- KukaXoco in the news
- Licensing and partnership opportunities with KukaXoco
- InterAndean Institute of Coca sCiences (La Paz)
- London Chocolate Forum presentations
Oct. 2015 - "Walking the Andes to turn cacao into a medicine" and
Oct. 2016 - "Could chocolate companies face product liability lawsuits for their use of sugar?"
Using coca leaf - are you crazy - isn't that a drug?
Actually ... Sugar is the Drug
The coca alkaloids we use to debitter cacao are completely safe - safer than some of your favorite food additives such as caffeine and citric acid. Safer than the main chocolate chemical - theobromine. And certainly much safer than the deadly, addictive, diabetes-inducing drug that it eliminates from chocolate - sugar. Our coca-chocolate uses micrograms of coca alkaloid per gram amounts of KukaXoco. Thus, our coca-chocolate can be legally sold through pharmacies around the world (with registration), as it comes under the 0.1% limit of the international treaty on drug control (see below).
- How sugar poisons all forms of chocolate (milk, dark, white)
- Why sugar is one of the world's most addictive, deadly drugs
- Publicly-traded companies' exposure to added-sugar liabilities
- Google search for "sugar is cocaine" - 14 million hits
- Legality of using coca leaf to debitter cacao. See schedules of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961: page 7, paragraph 4: "Preparations of cocaine containing not more than 0.1 per cent of cocaine ...", and understand that native coca alkaloids are much safer than cocaine and sugar.
- Using KukaXoco coca-chocolate to stop cocaine addiction - analogous to using nicotine patches to stop addiction to cigarettes
The Healthly History of The Coca Leaf
U.S. Racism, and Modern Europe has Coca Leaf as a Foundation
For over 500 years, the coca leaf has been safely enjoyed by South Americans, in the forms of coca tea and coca leaf chewing. In 500 years, there have been no reports of deaths nor addictions from these social uses of coca leaf. NONE. That Americans can't enjoy the benefits of the full coca leaf is solely due to the early 1900s racist policies of the United States. The Europeans were smarter (more evil, but smarter), in the 1500s enslaving and killing millions of South Americans in Bolivia and Peru, while stealing what is today worth hundreds of billions of dollars of silver from the hellish Potosi mines of Bolivia, which funded some of the foundations of modern Europe. And how did the millions of slaves survive the hells of Potosi (and the supporting mercury mines)? THE COCA LEAF. Some of the few publications on this evil history, and the coca leaf's healthy 500 legacy.
- UN WHO - "The natural history of cocaine abuse": a 1995 UN WHO report on the complete safety of coca tea and chewing
- Culture of chewing coca: origin in enforced slavery, mercury poisoning, and colonial Spanish genocide and silver theft in Bolivia
- The therapeutic value of coca [leaf] in contemporary medicine: Dr. Andrew Weil, 1981Contact KukaXoco via email or 415-981-0441 (U.S.)